World Day Against Child Labour Quotes. Here we have some World Day Against Child Labour Quotes, captions, and messages for you. You can pick any World Day Against Child Labour Quotes and messages to wish someone. You can also use these World Day Against Child Labour Day Quotes and captions to post your photos on any social media platform.
World Day Against Child Labour: (Brief)
World Day Against Child Labour aims to focus attention on the global extent of child labour. And efforts needs to eliminate it. Each year on 12 June, the World Day brings together government, employers and workers organizations, civil society. As well as millions of people from arounf the world to highlight the plight of child laborers. And what can be done to help them.
International Labour Organization (ILO) launches this international day in 2002.
Also, read World Oceans Day Quotes
World Day Against Child Labour: (History)
In 1919, the International Labour Organisation (ILO) establishes to promote social justice and to set up an International Labour Standards. Let us tell you that the ILO has 187 member states. The Kingdom of Tonga, a South Pacific island national, became the 187th member State of the International Labour Organization (ILO). Since then, the ILO passes several conventions to improve the conditions of labour across the globe. Not only this, but also provides guidelines on matters like wages, working hours, favourable environment etc.
In 1973, ILO convetion number 138 adopts and focuses on the minimum age for employment. It aims the member states to raise the minimum age of employment and to abolish child labour. In 1999, the ILO convention number 182 adoptes. And also known as “Worst Forms of Child Labour Convention”. It aims to take necessary and immediate action to eliminate the worst from that is child labour.
Also, read World Bicycle Day Quotes
World Day Against Child Labour: (Importance)
The reason June 12 is markes as World Day Against Child Labour is to bring attention to the problem of child labour. And to find ways to eradicate it or fight against it. The dday is use to spread awareness about the harmful mental and physical problems faceed by children force into child labour, around the world. The day also gives an opportunity for people to develop efficient mechanisms to combat specific issues that leads to child labour.
Also, read Quarrel Day Quotes
What constitutes Child Labour…?
According to the International Labour Organisation, child labour is “work that deprives children of their childhood. Their potential and their dignity and that is harmful to physical and mental health”. That is such type of work that deprives the children of their right to education and dignified living. ILO also says that child labour is such type of work which have physically, mentally and socially consequences on the children and damages them in some or the other way. In fact, any type of work that stops children to take school education is also child labour. It is categorise into three forms: work that deprives the children of the opportunity to attend school, work that force a child to leave school at an early age and work that requires children to attend school but with the heavy workload.
Also, read World Poetry Day Quotes
Some Facts About Child Labour
According to the UN,
- Around 152 million children between the ages of 5-17 were in child labour and almost half of them that is around 73 million are in hazardous child labour.
- Almost 48% victims of child labour were aged 5-11, 28% were 12-14 years old and 24% were 15-17 years old.
Stop Child Labour, Protect the right of children, educate them, and support them…!
Also, read World Braille Day Quotes
World Day Against Child Labour: (Theme)
A future without child labour2002
Trafficking in children2003
Behind closed doors: Child domestic labour2004
A load too heavy: Child labour in mining and quarrying2005
The end of child labour: Together we can do it…!2006
Child labour and agriculture2007
Education: The right response to child labour2008
Give girls a chance: End child labour2009
Go for the goal… end child labour2010
Warning…! Children in hazardous work2011
Human rights and social justice… let’s end child labour2012
No to child labour in domestic work2013
Extend social protection: combat child labour…!2014
No to child labour in supply chains – it’s everyone’s business…!2015
End child labour in supply chains – it’s everyone’s business…!2016
In conflicts and disasters, protect children from child labour2017
Generation safe & healthy2018
Children shouldn’t work in fields, but on dreams…!2019
Covid-19: Protect Children from child labour, now more than ever…!2020
Also, read International Jazz Day Quotes
World Day Against Child Labour
“No parent should ever have to look at a tiny infant and fear that one day that child would be a victim of exploitative child labour.”– JOHN KERRY
“Child labour perpetuates poverty, illiteracy, unemployment, populaion growth and other social problems.”– KAILASH SATYARTHI
“Safety and security don’t just happen, they are the result of collective consensus and public invetment. We own our children the most vulnerable citizens in our society, a life free of violence and fear.”– NELSON MANDELA
“If only compulsory education or children is made a law, would we be able to prevent the kinds of travails faced by children, including child labour and child marriage.”– SHANTHA SINHA
“Child slavery is a crime against humanity. Humanity itself is at stake here. A lot of work still remains, but I will see the end of child labour in my lifetime.”– KAILASH SATYARTHI
“It is estimated that there may be two hundred and fifty million children in the world engaged in some from of exploitative child labour.”– CAROL BELLAMY
“Unlike any other time in our history, we have to know that staying in school and getting an education is the most important thing you can do.”– ALEXIS HERMAN
“Children define the future of a country, thus we must stand and protect the foundation stones of our nation; let’s pledge to put an end to poverty.”
“Child labour and poverty are inevitably bound together and if you continue to use the labour of children as the treatment for the social disease of poverty, you will have both poverty and child labour to the end of time.”– GRACE ABBOTT
“Let’s sacrifice our today so that our children can have a better tomorrow.”– A.P.J. ABDUL KALAM
Also, read World Health Day Quotes
World Day Against Child Labour Slogans
- A child is meant to learn, not to earn.
- Don’t be a fart; give everybody a good start.
- Child Labour – evolution stops here.
- Don’t be blind towards your child, let them study
- A child is your heart not born to push your cart.
- Don’t be cruel and stop your kids to burn fuel
- Child labour is against nature.
- Don’t be greedy; send your children to school
- A school should be their only workplace.
- Don’t be wild, don’t force work on a child
- Child labour is an illegal act
- Don’t be wild, only give education to your child.
- Children in pain can never gain
- Don’t let your kids get wage at their very little age.
- Educated childhood will ensure economic development
- Enough is enough; stop child labour
- Give your children education through child labour violation
- Education is our right, stopping child labour is our fight
- Give your kids a good education through child labour prevention
- Eradicate child labour and aspire for a bettter future
- Every child deserves a better life, help them to have one
- For a better nation stop child exploitation
- Give your child a pencil, but not to wash utensil
- How the future will be fine if you send your kids to the factory line
- Kids are too small don’t make them do all
- Let children be children, not child labourers
- kids deserve to be happy, healthy and safe
- let them earn knowledge, not money
- Life of little ones is destroyed, when child labour is employed
- never support child labour, children need your favour
- Nurture the child for the future, stop child labour
- Only the worst thief would steal someone’s childhood
- Raise your hand to get child labour banned
- Say no to child labour yes to education
Also, read International Education Day Quotes
I hope you like this collection of World Day Against Child Labour Quotes. Also, you can know more about this day know as World Day Against Child Labour. You will find a brief on Wikipedia too. If you want to explore more amazing content like World Day Against Child Labour Quotes then visit Captionsbook regularly. Stay Tuned…!