Veterans Day Quotes: Here we have some Veterans Day Quotes, messages, and captions for you. You can also pick any Veterans Day Quotes and messages to wish someone. You can also use these Veterans Day Quotes to post your photos on any social media platform.
Veterans Day: (Brief)
Veterans Day is a federal holiday and a state holiday in all states with the exception of Wisconsin. The federal holiday observes on November 11th. If November 11th falls on a weekend. In most states, it also observes on the weekday nearest to November 11th.
Local government, schools, and businesses not required to follow closure policies made by the U.S. Office of Personnel management are free to decide whether to observe Veterans Day as a holiday. Most will remain open.
The New York Stock Exchange and Nasdaq remain open on this federal holiday. Overall Veterans Day is a paid holiday for only 19% of American workers. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Just 11% of private-sector workers get the day off.
Also, read Columbus Day Quotes
Veterans Day: (History)
Veterans Day, formerly known as Armistice Day, was originally set as a U.S. legal holiday to honor the end of World War I. Which officially took place on November 11, 1918. In legislation that was passed in 1938, November 11 “dedicated to the cause of world peace and to be hereafter celebrated and known as ‘Armistice Day”. As such, this new legal holiday honored World War I veterans.
In 1954, after having been through both World War II and the Korean War. The 83rd U.S. Congress – at the urging of the veteran’s service organizations – amended the Act of 1938 by striking out the World “Armistice”. And inserting the word “Veterans”. With the approval of this legislation on June 1, 1954. November 11 became a day to honor American Veterans of all wars.
Also, read World Youth Skills Day Quotes
Veterans Day: (Numbers)
- Approximate 19.5 million veterans in the US.
- 9 million veterans over the age of 65.
- 5.06 million veterans receiving disability compensation.
- 2 million female veterans of those receiving disability compensation.
- 500k World War II veterans still living in the US.
- 1.56 million veterans in California, the highest number in the country.
- 1.46 millions veterans in Texas, the second-highest number in the country.
- 11% veterans who experience homelessness.
- 50% veterans experiencing homelessness who also live with a mental illness.
Also, read King Martin Jr. Day Quotes
Veterans Day Quotes
“To our men and women in uniform, past, present, and future, God bless you and thank you.”– Glenn Richard
“A true hero isn’t measured by the size of his strength, but by the strength of his heart.”– HERCULES
“A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself.”– JOSEPH CAMPBELL
“America’s veterans embody the ideals upon which America was founded more than 229 years ago.”– STEVE BUYER
“America must never forget your sacrifices.”– JOSEPH CAMPBELL
“The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone, it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave.”– PATRICK HENRY
“In the face of impossible odds, people who love this country, can change it.”– BARACK OBAMA
“My heroes are those who risk their lives every day to protect our world and make it a better place.”– SIDNEY SHELDON
“The willingness of America’s veterans to sacrifice for our country has earned them our lasting gratitude.”– JEFF MILLER
“We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude.”– CYNTHIA OZICK
“Home of the free because of the brave.”– CHRISH JONE
“If you want to thank a soldier, be the king of American worth fighting for.”– AKHIL PATEL
“American without her soldiers would be like God without his angels.”– CLAUDIA PEMBERTON
“This will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.”– ELMER DAVIS
“How important it is for us to recognize the celebrate our heroes and she-roes…!”– MAYA ANGELOU
“The secret of happiness is freedom, and the secret of freedom, courage.”– THUCYDIDES
“Never was so much owed by so many to so few.”– WINSTON CHURCHILL
Also, read Christmas Day Quotes
Veterans Day: (Slogans)
- A nation at work, a community of support.
- Always remember. Never forget.
- Not to utter words, but to live by them.
- Form of readiness to die.
- Courage is fear holding on a minute longer.”
- For your tomorrow, they gave their today.
- Freedom is never free.
- Have the courage to act instead of react.
- Honoring all who served.
- Hug a veteran this veterans day.
- It is our duty to thank those that served.
- Land of the free, courtesy of the brave.
- Let’s stand up for the flag instead of standing on flag.
- Nobody ever drowned in sweat.
- Patriotism means to stand by the country.
- They loves what is behind them.
- Those who serve, gratitude they deserve.
- The veterans blood is the seed of freedom’s tree.
- When our perils are past, shall our gratitude sleep.
- With bravery and strength they serve.
- Without heroes, we are all plain people.
Also, read World Food Safety Day Quotes
I hope you liked this collection of Veterans Day Quotes. Also, you can know more about this day known as Veterans Day. You will find a brief on Wikipedia too. If you want to explore more amazing content like Veterans Day Quotes then visit Captionsbook regularly. Stay Tuned…!